Saturday, April 14, 2007
Cricket World Cup
Losing both Pakistan and India in round one was always going to be a blow but there have been many more mistakes than that.
It doesn't help that it is being played in the most difficult place in the cricketing world in terms of TV coverage. It probably would be okay times in the UK and South Africa but the major markets of Australasia and Asia it is a terrible time to watch cricket.
And why on earth is there only one match a day for the entire tourament. The first round could have had two games a day and the super eights should have had one game a day for four days a week and two games on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.
This world cup is going to kill the one day game off and open the door for the Twenty 20 Cricket which is going to sky rocket in the wake of this flop.
So what I have been up to?
- Purchased a new car (well a 97 VT to replace the 80 VC)
- Quit another Job (and made a disgrace of myself at the previous job's Christmas party)
- Moved to Canberra and had to pay 50% more rent than Melbourne
- Entered the Public Service and basically been put in a cupboard for a few months.
- Become slightly bored with Canberra after a few weeks
- I have also entered my late twenties which makes me feel extremely old and a little disappointed that I have not had sex with enough females.
- I have been erxcerising a little more, in the hope that if I do manage to bed another female I will not collapse after two minutes of light activity.