My 2.2 cents (GST Inc.)

It is a real prick when your opinions are taxed. Australia least powerful political blog. (Plus any other crap I want to talk about.)

Monday, February 06, 2006

When the Nuts go crazy

"Stick and Stones can break my bones, but words can never hurt me". Someone should tell this to the Muslims who are going nuts about a handful cartoons which they say are hurtful.
I see the whole case as a case of freedom of speech. Seriously if we are not allowed to suggest negative aspects of a religion, we might as well pack up and go home. I am please to say that many people from across the political spectrum have defend this right to free speech.
It reminds me of when the infamous photo "Piss christ" went on display here in Melbourne in 1998. Then many of the religious nuts (those of the christian faith) when nuts and demanded the photograph be removed. In the end some mugs decided to try and attack it with a hammer. It was a tragic set of events that should th0se want torelence of their beliefs cannot handle criticism of those same belief.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home