My 2.2 cents (GST Inc.)

It is a real prick when your opinions are taxed. Australia least powerful political blog. (Plus any other crap I want to talk about.)

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Iraq's descent into hell

There has been sadly over 1300 killings in the past week in Iraq. If that is not a civil war I am not sure what is. It is not as if the warning signs weren't there. Most people were just waiting for the flash point to be reached. I think last weeks attack might been that point. Anyone who can afford to has fled or tried to flee; as a result Iraq is suffering a major brain drain. I can see no future for the country. Very sad.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:40 pm, February 28, 2006, Blogger Living in Canberra said…

    Looks like, smells like, sounds like civil war.

    I struggle to see any end to the anarchy that doesn't involve almost permanent US military presence there.

    That said, I reckon the Americans are looking for excuses to bail out at an opportune time and leave the Iraqis to their own devices. Wait till something happens that can be declared as victory.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home