My 2.2 cents (GST Inc.)

It is a real prick when your opinions are taxed. Australia least powerful political blog. (Plus any other crap I want to talk about.)

Tuesday, January 10, 2006

Buying Biota Holdings is paying off

I had some spare cash just before Christmas so I purchased 1750 shares in Biota Holdings (ASX:BTA) at $1.455 each. Until yesterday, they had only rose to about $1.55 but then they went crazy and the market sent them flying 20 cents higher. The reason why the rose is they get royalties of 7% from the sale of Relenza (one of two flu anti-virals that might work on bird flu; the other being Tamiflu). So as the chance of a bird flu outbreak increases so does the share price.
It does however make me feel some what guilty when I know I am profitting from the deaths of others.

1 Comments:

  • At 8:05 am, January 11, 2006, Blogger Chai said…

    Hypothetical.. u have a vial, if u open this vial, your BTA shares will go up 10 fold. Would u do it?
    If not, how many fold would it have to go up by before u consider it?
    I guess that's what Cheney and Rumsford go through every day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home