My 2.2 cents (GST Inc.)

It is a real prick when your opinions are taxed. Australia least powerful political blog. (Plus any other crap I want to talk about.)

Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Video stores

I went to hire some DVDs the other day and I must say the store was basically empty. It seems that these shops are truely being hurt by the new ways of getting films (mail order DVDs, movies on demand, internet etc). The stores must have a large capital outlay for stock. Say it costs $25 for a new release DVD (discount for bulk purchases) so to make a both on that DVD it has to rented 5 times at $5 to recover the cost of the purchasing. Then you have the added costs of rent, power, wages etc. Plus if it is a dog of a film, nobody is going to hire it. I can't see the local video store lasting too much longer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home