My 2.2 cents (GST Inc.)

It is a real prick when your opinions are taxed. Australia least powerful political blog. (Plus any other crap I want to talk about.)

Thursday, October 27, 2005

No Generation X President

I was extremely bored today so I just wasted a good half an hour looking at the age of the US president and when they came to office. There was gap of 22 years between Bush Sr. and Clinton's year of birth. A similar thing happend between the birth of Eisenhower and Johnston of 18 years. Thus I think I can be fairly confident in suggesting that it is unlikely that there will be a president that has been born during the sixities. The next two presidents are likely to be baby boomers, and their terms will on average last 12 years together but might last 16 years. Plus there might be an extra boomer President. So in 2024, there will a call for a young fresh faced president, so they will elect someone born in the late 1970's. Trying to predict elections that are 19 years in the future seems a bit silly, but then again so is blogging as a whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home