My 2.2 cents (GST Inc.)

It is a real prick when your opinions are taxed. Australia least powerful political blog. (Plus any other crap I want to talk about.)

Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Wage Rise

Today the minimum wage went up $17 a week or about 43 cents an hour. Thus the minimum wage is $484.40 a week. I work in a job at the moment where I am paid the award which is only a bit above the mimimum wage. Thus I am going to get the wage rise. Hoowho. It makes more of a different on weekends where it is a dollar more per hour.

However, this is the last time the IRC is going to set the minimum wage. The federal government is going to start a "Fair Wage Committee" which they plan on setting up. It is likely this will not be as giving. However, I would like to see them argue that somebody argue that $484.40 is that easy to live off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home