My 2.2 cents (GST Inc.)

It is a real prick when your opinions are taxed. Australia least powerful political blog. (Plus any other crap I want to talk about.)

Saturday, April 16, 2005

30 years since the start of Year Zero

Tomorrow, the 17th of April it will be 30 years since the fall of Phnom Phen fell to the Khmer Rouge. I think that being there on that day may have been one of creepiest and most horrible days one could live through. If there was ever a moment that would feel like the end of world had arrived I think that would be it.
History has not been kind to the Cambodians and it still seems that there will never be formal justice for the crimes committed in this horrid period of history.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:57 am, April 18, 2005, Blogger Potentially Ash said…

    Reading the history and talking to the people and seeing the bones when I was there was one of those moments that changes the way you see the world for me.

    We carry much of the responsibility for the almost complete and irreversible destruction of the Khmer culture and socity. It's time to update the UN me thinks. the current mathod of preemition or inaction is irresponsible.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home