My 2.2 cents (GST Inc.)

It is a real prick when your opinions are taxed. Australia least powerful political blog. (Plus any other crap I want to talk about.)

Tuesday, March 08, 2005

The myth of the shortage

John Howard reckons I should have done a trade when I finshed high school. Gee..... I wish he had of told me that 1998 when I choose what course I was going into. Oh.... That is right, I did Information System because that is what the government reckon Australia need then. There was supposed to be a shortage of IT workers then, just as there is supposed to be a shortage of trades people now. I wonder how long this shortage will last. I remember there was IT grads get jobs paying 60K in there first year. Now we hear of tradesmen earning 100k a year and brickies earning a $1.20 per brick. The government is just talking bullshit as per normal.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:20 pm, March 09, 2005, Blogger Potentially Ash said…

    If you make a list of all the changes made to higher education since 1996 it builds a daming picture of how the goverment is systematicly taking apart the Uni sector. But then again I'm as biased as they come.

    But rest assured that everyone else will also get it in the butt when Abbot is finished with IR.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home