My 2.2 cents (GST Inc.)

It is a real prick when your opinions are taxed. Australia least powerful political blog. (Plus any other crap I want to talk about.)

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Back to Iraq

I opposed the Iraq War on the several grounds:
1. I didn't believe the WMD stories.
2. I didn't think the US knew what they were getting into.
3. There was no consenus on the issue between the world powers.
4. There was no plan for the aftermath of the main battle.

And I think was right on these points. However, what is done is done. The dead will remain dead and the living will have to put the pieces back together. And now is the time to do that.
And for that to succesfully happen, there is going to need to be a concenus amongst people. However, Australia's Fuckwit Minister Downer takes that approach "We were right to support the war and you were wrong to oppose it. But we want you to come on board now." Now I am sure that is going to get people on side. At least some Americans have at least been saying "It doesn't matter if we or you were right in the past, what matters is that we would like you help us now" which I think is going to get more people on side. I am ashammed to be have Downer as a minister in government that represent me overseas.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:12 pm, March 09, 2005, Blogger Potentially Ash said…

    Blair, this is going to get little lost Tash fired up.

     
  • At 4:55 am, March 10, 2005, Blogger Tash said…

    We could put together an Assasination's Guild for Downer!! Kinda like the expat discussions in Cambodia about Hun Sen I have been party to...
    A Save Australia from ourselves plight to rid the present government of the most inept man on the planet!!
    I will be president!!
    Are you with me lads??

     
  • At 12:37 pm, March 10, 2005, Blogger Potentially Ash said…

    All we need is a name, how about "Downer and out in london and cambodia".

    See my theory was that he would do himself in, bullet in the foot style, but no such luck and now he is the longest serving FMinster.

    Atleast Grath Evans was kinda funny.

     
  • At 10:19 pm, March 12, 2005, Blogger The Rambling Taoist said…

    A note from an American

    Our author writes: "I opposed the Iraq War on the several grounds:
    1. I didn't believe the WMD stories."

    Good for you! Our [p]resident and his associates have a penchant for lying.

    2. I didn't think the US knew what they were getting into.

    Actually, I think they knew what they were getting us into -- they simply didn't care.

    3. There was no consenus on the issue between the world powers.

    Except for Bush, Blair and a few others, I think there WAS consensus -- No war.

    4. There was no plan for the aftermath of the main battle.

    Sort of true. I think the original plan was to invade Iran to divert attention away from the lack of a plan in Iraq. (That's how Dubya handled Afghanistan.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home