My 2.2 cents (GST Inc.)

It is a real prick when your opinions are taxed. Australia least powerful political blog. (Plus any other crap I want to talk about.)

Thursday, November 25, 2004

A mug's game

Having just spent time back up on the farm I grew up on, I have to say I still feel farming is a mug's game. Not many other industries rely so heavily on the weather. Tourism does to an extent but only in farming can loss a years worth of work because it just doesn't rain or it rains at the wrong time. And then when you get good conditions so does everybody else and so your prices go through the floor.

Also you are at the bottom of the food chain. You only have to look at the Coles Ad's where Maggie Doyle talks to the store manager about how they kept the price so low by working with the farms. Pigs arse they are working with the farmers, more like screwing them to a lower price.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home